Requirements for Getting Married in the State of Florida
Both parties (bride and groom) age 18 and over must be present when applying for a marriage license.
You do not need to be a resident of Florida to apply for a marriage license, however one form of the following identification is required to obtain a marriage license:
1. A valid photo ID issued by the state or federal government with the applicant's correct legal name, signature and birth date.
2. Driver's license, passport, military ID, alien registration card, state of Florida ID are acceptable.
3. Birth certificates or green cards are not acceptable. All U.S. citizens and Residents must provide their Social Security number.
4. Non-US residents may provide an Alien Registration Card, driver license, passport or any other legal form of identification if they do not have a Social Security number issued to them.
5. Requirements for getting married in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin and Palm Beach counties require a second form of ID, if a US Social Security number has been issued. The following forms of proof are accepted:
* Original Social Security card, US Military Card, original printed paycheck stub, W-2 form with applicants name and social security number, SSA Medicare card, Third Party Notice or Future Benefits Earning Statement from SSA with the complete social security number.
* No expired ID will be accepted.
* The standard marriage license fee is $93.50.
* There is a 3-day waiting period before the marriage ceremony can be performed.
6. The only exceptions to the 3-day waiting period are:
* if the applicants reside out-of-state and are able to present valid proof of photo identification at the time of filing the marriage license application.
* If applicants present a pre-marital course completion certificate at the time of filing the marriage license application.
* If the couple elects the option to attend a State of Florida pre-marital course from a registered provider, the marriage license fee is lowered to $61 and the waiting period is waived upon providing a certificate of completion at the time of filing the application. The optional premarital course may be obtained from a course provider who is registered with the Clerk of Courts.
* Marriage licenses are valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
* A blood test is not a requirement for getting married in Florida.
* If either applicant has been previously married, the exact date of the last divorce, death or annulment must be provided. Copies of the death certificate or Final Decree of Divorce, Dissolution or Annulment are not required.
Marriage License Information - Websites
St Lucie County: http://www.stlucieclerk.com/marriage
Indian River County: http://www.clerk.indian-river.org/index.cfm/method:marriage
Palm Beach County: http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/marriagelicenses.aspx